Trauma & Identity Resources
Considering this your starting resource to expand your knowledge & begin your education in the issues we face.
These are great books to read, learn, pick up & ponder around.
- Healing Sex: A Mind-Body Approach to Healing Sexual Trauma by Staci Haines
- Sex After Grief: Navigating Your Sexuality After Losing Your Beloved by Joan Price
- The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma by Bessel van der Kolk M.D.
- My Grandmother’s Hands: Racialized Trauma and the Pathway to Mending Our Hearts and Bodies by Resmaa Menakem
- The Art of Healing from Sexual Trauma: Tending Body and Soul through Creativity, Nature, and Intuition by Naomi Ardea
- Love Without Emergency: Writing on Trauma, Attachment, and Polyamory by Clementine Morrigan
- The Monster Under the Bed: Sex, Depression, and the Conversations We Aren’t Having by JoEllen Notte
- Polysecure: Attachment, Trauma and Consensual Nonmonogamy by Jessica Fern
- The Complex PTSD Workbook: A Mind-Body Approach to Regaining Emotional Control and Becoming Whole by Arielle Schwartz, PhD
- Trauma is Really Strange by Steve Haines, illustrated by Sophie Standing
- Waking the Tiger: Healing Trauma by Peter A. Levine Ph.D.
- Trauma and Recovery: The Aftermath of Violence—from Domestic Abuse to Political Terror by Judith Herman